Global Head and Co-ordinator for germplasm sharing and exchange Networks International Network for Genetic Evaluation of Rice (INGER) operating in Asia, Africa, ASEAN, South American countries.
ASEAN RiceNet (Network for sharing and evaluation of rice advanced lines to all ASEAN countries) and MERiT multi Environment Rice Testing Network.
Technical Leadership of the networks including co-ordination of trials in over 20 rice producing countries for INGER and 9 rice producing countries in ASEAN.
Capacity Building through training of scientists and researchers in evaluation of rice breeding lines for variety release and best practices in field evaluation for INGER and ASEAN.
IRRI Rice Breeding Innovations Platform
Develop project proposal for funds generation for research and development work
- Ph.D., Agriculture
The University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
(Trained at The Plant Breeding Institute, Cobbitty under Commonwealth Research Award - Australian Government Scholarship)
(1st Class, 1 Rank, University Gold Medallist),
The Bangalore University, Bangalore, India
- Head of International Network for Genetic Evaluation of Rice (INGER, Breeding germplasm from different IRRI breeding pipelines)
- Head, Multi Environment Trials
- Project Leader- Multi Environment Trials for Genetic Gain -India
- Senior Scientist II
International Rice Research Institute (part of CGIAR Group)
Plant Breeding Division, N C Brady Building
Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines 4031
2015 – 2016
- Manager, Agricultural and Environmental Services (consultant for CSR program)
Geomysore Services India Pvt Ltd (Based in India)
627, 3rd Block, Kormangala
2013 – 2015
- Plant Breeder & Program Team Leader (Onion and related species, Australasia)
Enza Zaden (Australia)
218, Eumungerie Road, Narromine
NSW 2821, Australia
- Plant Breeder & Program Team Leader (Alfalfa / Lucerne)
New South Wales Department of Primary Industries (NSWDPI) & Seedmark and Seed Distributors (private company partners).
Tamworth Agricultural Institute
4, Marsden Park Road, Calala
Tamworth, NSW 2340, Australia
- Breeding Team Leader (Alfalfa / Lucerne Component)
Co-operative Research Center (CRC) for Plant Based Management of Dryland Salinity and CRC for Future Farm Industries
- Barley Breeder & Program Team Leader
- Research Fellow
Co-operative Research Centre -Value Added Wheat
1997 - 1999
- Plant Breeder & Program Leader (GMO, Transgenic Hybrid Canola, Mustard breeding & development programs)
Aventis Crop Science Pty Ltd and AgrEvo Pty Ltd (now part of Bayer Crop Science)