Nguyen Van Hung
Dr. Nguyen Van Hung is an expert on mechanization, postharvest management, and bioenergy. He is currently leading projects on sustainable rice straw management at IRRI such as BMZ funded – Sustainable Rice Straw Management, Sustainable rice straw management for bioenergy, feed, and food in the Philippines, and the CGIAR-RICE Flagship project- cluster FP2.4 on by-product management. He is also a key postharvest consultant of the IRRI-led projects such as World Bank - Vietnam Sustainable Agricultural Transformation Project, Myanmar Agricultural Development Support Project, and CORIGAP – Closing Rice Yield Gaps in Asia.
- Scientist on postharvest and by-product management, International Rice Research Institute (Nov 2017-present)
- Associate Professor in Agricultural Machinery, Nong-Lam University - Vietnam (2012- present)
- Vice Dean of the faculty of Engineering and Technology, Nong Lam University (2010 – 2012)
- Head of Department of Mechatronics, Nong-Lam University (2005-2013)
- Member of the committee of the Industry and Atomization program of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (2011- 2015)
- Member of the academic committee of the Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Nong-Lam University (2005-2014)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Engineering, Slovak University of Agriculture (1999-2003).
- Engineer of Agricultural Mechanization (Honor), Nong Lam University, Formerly is the University of Agriculture and Forestry of Ho Chi Minh City (1990-1995)